Carpet Collection

Our Carpet Collection

Macculloch Hall Historical Museum’s carpet collection was assembled by the Museum’s founder, W. Parsons Todd (1877-1976). He began collecting antique carpets in the 1920s, quite early in the history of carpet collecting. Mr. Todd purchased more than 65 rugs, ranging geographically from Morocco to China and chronologically from the sixteenth through the early twentieth centuries.